Tuesday, February 23, 2010

What's in a name???

It's so funny to me how kids can totally screw up any teacher's name... even the simple ones... My name is not that difficult to remember (Miss Glover), but inevitably a child will come up with an alternate name to call me. I think I had been hearing this boy in my afternoon class call me this numerous times before, but it struck me as hilarious today... He calls me Glove... Not Miss Glove, but Glove... That may not be funny to anyone else, but if you had met this kid who has the best comic timing, you'd understand why this is so funny! All of a sudden if he has a question he'll say, "Hey, Glove!" His last name is Salinas, so when he calls me Glove I call him Sal... Another boy in the same class tried to call me Glove (it wasn't near as funny by the way...) and I called him Cam (his last name is Camarillo)... He said, "That's not my name!" And I quickly replied, "Well, my name isn't Glove either!" Just a random funny moment of my short day with my darlings!

Oh... here's a picture of the toy that one of my girls gave me for Valentine's Day... My cat thinks it's amazing as well! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment